1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This forum does not allow a single user to have more than one username. If anyone wants to change their username contact an admin and it will be done. Multiple accounts belonging to the same member will be deleted without warning.

FTM-400DR MARS Mod

Discussion in 'Yaesu' started by deputyjoel, Jan 24, 2014.

1. mmface

mmface Member

milkman21218 likes this.

2. pcpackrat

pcpackrat Member

Is 850MHz receive working for those that did the mod? I can't get my radio to take anything in the 850 range.

3. martyvk2gib

martyvk2gib New Member

Australia version mod??
    Apparently board is different to US.

4. martyvk2gib

martyvk2gib New Member

does all the above mean R1548???

5. Raybestos

Raybestos Member

Centurion, at the bottom of the pics you shared, is that a button battery? More to the point, is that a "memory" button battery? If so, I call that a deal killer. I wanted one of these radios, but not if they require a memory battery. I thought that unsavory "technology" went out with the 1990's.
    Ugh!

6. martyvk2gib

martyvk2gib New Member

....and the alternative is?? Raybestos.

For a portable unit that requires memory hold, for ease of use , i would be thinking its simple , proven technology for this purpose.

Furthemore , did anyone have the mod for Australia version?
    Snoopy??? You find one?

7. Huntingbigun

Huntingbigun New Member

This may be a old post but was life saver for me to have coms with my rock crawler buggy and jeep. Thanks worked outstanding with my 400 and now can talk to my rugged radio race vhf along with RTS sytems great software> [​IMG] [​IMG]

AudioShockwav likes this.