• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Full wave antennas for CB

I am sure I am not the only person here that tried it. From all the movies we see you would think the full wave for 11 meters would be a great idea and you only invest time and most likely have the materials in the garage. Hiding it by running it through trees on your property seems like a great Idea. An afternoon and six pack later you got it all strung up. You pat your self on the back and light the BBQ grill for hamburgers and hotdogs, start on the 2nd six pack. Right about now you hear Mr. Scott saying, "You can not change the laws of physics, Captain," in your head. You connect the big antenna that you now gave it a ladies name like on Gone in 60 Seconds." You think Margaret is a good name for your new Full Wave 11 Meter Antenna, all home made. About this time you realize Margret will not put out and she is useless. You switch over to the 1/4 wave ground plane antenna that you bought from a Radio shack back when you were 12 y/o and you hear some wacko and his dog Mojo barking on Channel 19 from a Winnebago in New Mexico on your Kraco Super Deluxe, that used to be in Pap Pap's 1969 Buick LeSarbe. You cry a few tears, laugh- open another beer.

i used a double zepp-style vertical and it worked pretty good. but making each leg 5/8~ and shortening the ladder feed to find the 50ohm point definetly worked better for a big ol broadside gain lobe

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.