• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

fun antenna to make also for 27 mhz

Robo

Nov 25, 2012
Hi guys this one is fun to make, its for 2 meters but if u use the 468 then u can make a fun antenna. It is infact a j-pole but it is litle longer end made from aluminum pijp 10mm ore what ever u want to make it from. Good luke end 73.

here is the link it is in Dutch but get the translator of google. If u have quistions give me a PB.

PE1KQP's Projecten Pagina » De LR antenne

I would love to play with such an antenna on the CB band, one minor detail though, it would be something like 55 feet tall.

It also shows it being mounted from its middle on a tower, 2 meters shown in the diagram is easy, to get an equivalent distance on the CB band with an antenna that has been scaled to the the CB frequencies will not be so easy to mount.

Should anyone try such an antenna I wish you luck, and would love to hear about how well it performs.

The DB

yes ure right its a litle bit tal but if u make this one out of aluminum pijp round 10mm then it wil no problem i think lol

The lenght is 5.58mtrs it hase same hight like an GP, if u bild an yagi or ground plane whit radials then the antenna it self is 2.68 end the radials are also 2.68 meters. A yagi for 11 meters is even bigger it has also the lenght of 5.50 meters, but thats horizontal. Even the boom stick is taller.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.