• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

FYI - Very cool stand to hold equipment

Big Kahuna

Jul 31, 2008
I was looking for something so I could put my meter / amp / power supply below and my mobile radio above on my desk and I cam across this tv/monitor stand on Amazon -

It won't let me post a link but go to Amazon and search " Allsop Metal Art Jr. Stand".

Metal%20Art%20Monitor%20Stand%20-%20Angled%20Right.jpg

It's the perfect height and provides the two layers I was looking for. I even bought a second one for my 12 VDC ham radio and power supply below.

It even has holes in it for ventilation which is cool because you can use the holes for mounting your cb mounting bracket upside down and to hold your mobile radio OR even cooler (pun) you can mount a fan on the bottom side and then have it blow up on the heatsink of your radio to keep it cool.

They should sell this thing in ham radio and CB shops :) I had been looking in all the wrong places - and only $15 :)

They should sell this thing in ham radio and CB shops :) I had been looking in all the wrong places - and only $15 :)

Just went over to Amazon to check this out, a search for "monitor stand" or "monitor riser" will bring up a lot of options for similar stuff. Definitely a good find.(y)

Amazon makes one too but it doesn't have the holes for mounting stuff on the main surface but I guess you could drill your own.

For 5 years I had a $20 wooden shelf stand from Wal-mart that served this purpose but it had so many screw holes in it from mounting and unmounting stuff the fake wood coating started coming off :)

those look nice. I have been building my own for years. very simple to make. just buy some 1X12 boards and some 2X2 boards for the legs. make them as high and as long as you want and stain or paint them. not plywood so does not splinter. any way nice shelf.
good find

Good find for sure. If you do get one Big Kahuna, would you mind posting up the height of it and also thw length and width. You may have found what I need myself!! And yes adding a fan or 2 to one of these would be truly easy. Couple of tie wraps or some wax string and you could hold up or tightnen down some things. Even other equipment. Great find man. And yes you can build them I know, but time being a factor, these would work great for radios and other equipment as well.(y)(y)

I was looking for something so I could put my meter / amp / power supply below and my mobile radio above on my desk and I cam across this tv/monitor stand on Amazon -

It won't let me post a link but go to Amazon and search " Allsop Metal Art Jr. Stand".

Metal%20Art%20Monitor%20Stand%20-%20Angled%20Right.jpg

It's the perfect height and provides the two layers I was looking for. I even bought a second one for my 12 VDC ham radio and power supply below.

It even has holes in it for ventilation which is cool because you can use the holes for mounting your cb mounting bracket upside down and to hold your mobile radio OR even cooler (pun) you can mount a fan on the bottom side and then have it blow up on the heatsink of your radio to keep it cool.

It looks like a nice table for some radio applications. I just thought that I would and a link to this item. Before I purchased the current rolling utility cart in which I use for my whole setup I bought one of these. It was very sturdy. Looked nice and I eventually purchased another. I never did get the chance to open and put together the second one because I decided to put my whole station on one stand. I'm not sure if the original idea for the item was for radio use but it definitely does a great job for station setups. I believe it was probably better suited as a step stool. But as I mentioned it worked so well I did get another. It's built well with a choice of several colors and it's plastic dowel like screws made it extremely sturdy. As you can see in the sellers pictures there's many different station configurations that one could put together using this shelf/stand/step stool. It's as strong as hell and if my memory serves me right probably I had about around 70 lbs Plus on the top shelf alone. 73

http://www.ebay.com/itm/222144853040

Last edited:
It looks like a nice table for some radio applications. I just thought that I would and a link to this item. Before I purchased the current rolling utility cart in which I use for my whole setup I bought one of these. It was very sturdy. Looked nice and I eventually purchased another. I never did get the chance to open and put together the second one because I decided to put my whole station on one stand. I'm not sure if the original idea for the item was for radio use but it definitely does a great job for station setups. I believe it was probably better suited as a step stool. But as I mentioned it worked so well I did get another. It's built well with a choice of several colors and it's plastic dowel like screws made it extremely sturdy. As you can see in the sellers pictures there's many different station configurations that one could put together using this shelf/stand/step stool. It's as strong as hell and if my memory serves me right probably I had about around 70 lbs Plus on the top shelf alone. 73

http://www.ebay.com/itm/222144853040

I was actually looking at that one a few days ago, but wanted something so that i could add some fans for cooling.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.