• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Galaxy 1000 amp arching

Will definitely check those wires after work CB radio nut. As far as reflection , should've been there when I was taking pics. I was all thumbs , flash on , flash off, flash on auto, I deleted 2 times more pics then I used. :LOL: Thanks bud! At lunch now trying to find someone to test tubes. Do those tubes pull out like the tubes in guitar amps?

I will definitely check those blue wires radionut. Do those tubes just pull out? Watched a few videos but they only showed guitar amps. As far as the pics go that was a fiasco, flash off, flash on, flash on auto. I deleted twice as many pics than what I uploaded. Definitely not a photographer lol. Road squawker thanks for the info on the getter gas. Apparently my getter gas got gone and I need to get more. Hmmmmm say that 3 times in a row lol! BTW squawker, I had to google FWIW, guess I need to get with the times. Thanks again gents as your help and info are priceless. Keep up the great work. 73

Is it me or in images 2099 and 2100 of the underside, is that wire from the so239 jack to the board loose from the trace connection point and or the trace look burnt a ways down?

Tubes out, taking them to a local music repair shop to be tested. Thanks for the tips on taking them out. I am trying to get it fixed asap. But between raising 3 teenagers and keeping the wife happy, time to tinker is limited.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
... Road squawker thanks for the info on the getter gas. Apparently my getter gas got gone and I need to get more. Hmmmmm say that 3 times in a row lol!...

Long time ago, when I worked in the "Glass" room at General Dynamics, (where we made REALLY high quality tubes,) We had a machine to activate the Getter material,............... of course, we called it the "Getter Blaster".

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Tubes just got delivered to the house. Going to possibly work on it this weekend. I put the Antron on a 42ft. Tower this weekend. With a longer piece of coax. Ended up with 3+SWRs!!! Now gotta tear it down and find problem. I think it's the coax. The coax I am using is from the 70's. Belonged to my dad. Do y'all think I should invest in a dummy load to be on the safe side? I sure would hate to blow up/burn up some equipment.

Replaced coax swr are 1.1-1.3. I changed the driver tube to a NOS. Same number as old one. Replaced bad fuse in rear with the same amperage as old one. Except new one isn't slow blow. Wired it up, turned it on, let it warm up. While it was warming I noticed I had lost a lot of receive. With amp in bypass. After 5-6 minutes of warming up. Flipped switch on amp to low took amp out of bypass keyed mic, Radio started flashing "ANTENNA WARNING" arched on same relay then went dead........ checked fuse on rear it is blown. I removed the cover and at the tubes. They all appear in good condition .

hi i know this is an old thread ......i just got a galaxy ***** 1000 tube amp ....and was wanting to know if any one has the manual or pdf file on this box ? ive been all over the internet with no luck finding any info on it .........thanks in advance ......eric

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?