• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Galaxy 1000 final tubes ID

i have a galaxy 1000 also. I believe it has 4 8975's in it. I'm not sure. I want to find some more tubes, but i cant. Anyone know where to get them?

Those tubes were made with a rare earth Phosper called "unobtainable-um", it was all mined out in the 70's so, the only place they MIGHT be is in the corner of some warehouse in some third-world country somewhere.

alot had the 8975 tubes
and the ones i was buying for the locals had the 30kd6 tubes
so no telling how many different tube types there were

i even seen a picture of a Galaxy Saturn Turbo 2000 base amp
but not in person

8908 = 6 V version of 2057 with an octal base
6LW6 = lighter version of 8908 with Cathode and Suppressor Grid tied together

Exactly, those tubes are not interchangable.

The 6LW6 will not work in the 8908 circuit, if there were no internal connection between the cathode and the suppresor, you would be in business.

The suppressor grid needed to be grounded while the cathode is driven by RF.

I have used the 6LW6's to replace 8908's in a grid driven "modulator" type amplifier where the cathode and suppressor are both grounded. Output is lower though, usually about 2/3 to 3/4 of what the 8908's would do.

Fixer

8975/EL5909

that might be a .
8975 is a 12 pin tube but the 6KG6 is 9 pin tube
see how many pins there are...
and yes there sweep tubes (I call them hats)
the ones without are called baldy.

There are 9 pin 8975s out there! They made them both 12 and 9! The 9s are vere rare but the 6P45S El509s and El519s are a easy swop if you have the 9 pin 8975s! You will not find a 8975 9 pin for sale. If you do you better buy them up. Only 1900 ever made!! I have the Galaxy Saturn Turbo 2000 amplifier and I use the 6p45s tubes as a replacement. Simple plug and play! Ypu may have to adjust plate. Good luck!

When we used to deal with them, the ones coming out of Southern California, we used to use whatever was available at the time for cheap, and then make minor changes around the circuit. In the 90's, from 92-06, the most popular were the 30 volt filament tubes. We used tons of 30MB6 tubes, 30LF6, 30LB6, etc. *MAKE SURE* that you know what filament voltage is being supplied. If you try popping 6 volt tubes in there, or 12 volt, and you have too much going to the sockets, you'll have them flash real quick, destroy the tubes, and then they are useless.

Reactions: eric chilton
I have a galaxy 1000 with 4 tubes and mine is 1 driving 3. I just put nos 6KG6A's in it. They will work fine if u had EL509 or 6P45S

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated