• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Galaxy 44 goes off freq. when warm.

You can't find it because you are using the wrong part number as Nomad said earlier.

TA7310P
KIA7310 Korean equivalent
KIA6410S Korean equivalent
ECG1192 equivalent
NTE1192 equivalent
There are a few other part numbers that also cross to an ECG1192.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/TOSHIBA-TA...m3d8764aa19:g:9lgAAOSwLSZcLqP~&frcectupt=true

Also, I bet the 14.010 crystal is the part that has been bad all along. Have you checked the frequency coming out of pin 3 of the (buffered output from the oscillator pins 1 and 2, so you don't "load down" the oscillator), to make sure that the crystal is on 14.010?

Last edited:
I will have to check this. I know all crystals were pulled and checked on my cb42 all showed the correct frequency.
Thank You. I will post my findings.

Try as I might, the "7301" number does not come up in any online data-sheet sites I tried.

The "6410" is not familiar, either.

Looked at the copy of the DX44V schemo I got from CB Tricks. That chip shows no part number, and not even a callout number. The parts-placement image says that it's "IC10", but not the schematic. Just a question I never thought to ask.

Never really noticed the typos on those diagrams. Always knew what the part was. It first showed up in the first GE and Midland 40-channel radios with the PLL02A PLL chips. Cybernet house-numbered the part "C3001".

Only numbers I know are the original Toshiba TA7310. Toshiba stopped making analog chips over 20 years ago. The Korean copies that showed up after that were marked either "KA" or "KIA" with the same four digits.

If you have a diagram that says "7301", it's a typo. Pretty darn sure.

Reactions: NZ8N

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.