• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Galaxy 55 led fix???

BenDare2

Apr 5, 2005
over the hill....
On my 55's freq counter......27.x95.......the x has a couple sectors out....on the extreme right of the digit, so that the '1' does not light.....

So below 20, I only show27. _95/ 27._85/.....etc......

Is this possibly just bad solder on the back of this sector(s)......or maybe no fix........

It's just annoying sometimes.......thanks .......Ol'Ben

"Want lower gas prices? Boycott exxon & mobil- it's a start!" We do.

</p>

On my 55's freq counter......27.x95.......the x has a couple sectors out....on the extreme right of the digit, so that the '1' does not light.....

So below 20, I only show27. _95/ 27._85/.....etc......

Is this possibly just bad solder on the back of this sector(s)......or maybe no fix........

It's just annoying sometimes.......thanks .......Ol'Ben

"Want lower gas prices? Boycott exxon & mobil- it's a start!" We do.

</p>

I totally understand how flickering or burnt out freq counter numbers can be like ...just kind of takes away the looks of the radio,kind of like getting a nasty dent on a car and will also bring down the price if one wanted to sell it. I really don't think it would hurt Ben if you lighty and carefully went over the leads with a soldering iron,there's a good chance you might get lucky there ? but chances are if that didn't fix the problem ? you could more then likely get a new freq counter for it.

Oops..

The center digit on the 5-digit counters is a tricky one. Might be the counter board itself, the connections from there to the display board, OR the digit itself.

Plugging in a spare counter module is about the only way to tell for sure.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.