• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Galaxy 6 issues

Staybolt

Mar 20, 2013
My Galaxy 6 seems to pass RF through but no high power output. The HML switch seems to change the output of the radio but no high power. The transistors are all new matched HGs. I've checked everything and am at a loss.

Amplifier I assume?
If you have any amplification out of the amp, the transistors are working. There is something else going on inside, and I'd suspect that It most likely happened when the transistors were changed.

Amplifier I assume?
If you have any amplification out of the amp, the transistors are working. There is something else going on inside, and I'd suspect that It most likely happened when the transistors were changed.
Nope nothing was changed...

Why is it so hard to get decent help or answers on this fucking site????
Easy Big guy.
People have lives outside of the forum to make money to pay bills, feed kids and make mortgage payments.
Not everyone is on here 24-7 to jump on a post to help.
Have a little patience.

Now.
Why did you replace the transistors?
Did it work before you put the HG transistors in?
Have you gone over the work to see if you possibly made a mistake?
Pictures may help?
It's hard sometimes to just spit out a answer when the equipment is not in front of you.

Jeff

The HGs are the ONLY THING that i have changed!
You never said that. I didn't know that you had been in there. I do know that the HG transistors never came in that box and the information you did give me didn't add up.
Ok now that we have that straight, I think that something inside the amp isn't connected properly. Could be a trace took a dump, could be the relay decided to shit the bed at this very moment. Could be a bad solder joint on a component that you accidentally touched while swapping out the transistors.
At this point it's going to be tracing the circuit to find the fault.
And from what I could find that box looks like a palomar from the 80's in a black case. If the board is the same that should make finding a schematic fairly easy.

I'm going to walk out on a limb here and surmise that based off the people skills I've seen there's no hope for this amplifier

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated