• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Galaxy 73v no transmit...junk?

The13Bats

Mar 9, 2007
A few years back I bought a Galaxy 73v as a back up it was a almost new good talking radio,
I placed it in a book case and now when I tried to use it everything works except,
When you key up the receive is cuts off & the meter turns red like in transmit mode but no dead key and no swing,

I was thinking about taking it to a tech and getting it fixed if it would be worth it ,

any advice or opinions?

Thanks
P.

I tried the stock mic and a brand new cobra power mic, nothing
I was thinking bout taking to that titusville guy
do you think it's worth 100.00 to fix it?

the fellow you turned me onto said he bench checks for 10.00 that is applied to the repair which with a peak and tune could be 100.00 or more,
That would be nice if it was simple,
another tech I know out west says that many times some foil something breaks

It make me wonder how it was working fine when I put it away now dead on transmit

thats what makes me think something simple came unsoldered.
well take it to either of those that you choose. ten bucks sounds ok. since if you let him fix it its taken off the total.
they all do that so you dont say what is it and fix it yourself.

they radio was fine before so why would it need tuned and all that.

It's worth checking out, could be a cold solder or something simple. Even with a tune you should be well under 100 bucks.

:shock: I think rich people own the overpriced CB shops I wonder if thats what Donald Trump really does??? :LOL:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    AKA- UDX122
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.