• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Galaxy 88 with a pill installed

130 to 120 - who's (or Whom is) counting? :)

Still has me scratching my head...It's meticulous...in details...

Obviously with the parts count and the support for Bias available in the main PCB, they used some of it to make this work.

But - I'm curious, but at the same time - cringing - at what the bottom traces look like...They pull power from somewhere and by the coil design - they had a lot of free time...

Feedthru sandwich cap...
"Miller effect" Dipped Silver Mica's...
150 ohm resistor...
the 10-ohm "smoke" Resistor...
the typical 100 ohm to cap - feedback path NFB filter...

The folded over "collector legs/tabs" - they didn't "bond" the chassis - they sent it right back to foil ground at the main board - they could have used the "bolt head" sitting right next to it to bond the chassis - but they kept it all confined into and onto the power feed origins - all on the main PCB.

Yeah they had it in there...even there is a "Red enamel" coil wind in there nicely done up under the power feed coil to inject the mess - into the radios output tank and PI network - so their main concern was IMD/THD and RFI.

The job looks like hell but they were conceptually thinking this thru right...

Too bad Smokin' Joe isn't around anymore - I'd love to see the output of this on his Analyzer...

130 to 120 - who's (or Whom is) counting? :)

Still has me scratching my head...It's meticulous...in details...

Obviously with the parts count and the support for Bias available in the main PCB, they used some of it to make this work.

But - I'm curious, but at the same time - cringing - at what the bottom traces look like...They pull power from somewhere and by the coil design - they had a lot of free time...

Feedthru sandwich cap...
"Miller effect" Dipped Silver Mica's...
150 ohm resistor...
the 10-ohm "smoke" Resistor...
the typical 100 ohm to cap - feedback path NFB filter...

The folded over "collector legs/tabs" - they didn't "bond" the chassis - they sent it right back to foil ground at the main board - they could have used the "bolt head" sitting right next to it to bond the chassis - but they kept it all confined into and onto the power feed origins - all on the main PCB.

Yeah they had it in there...even there is a "Red enamel" coil wind in there nicely done up under the power feed coil to inject the mess - into the radios output tank and PI network - so their main concern was IMD/THD and RFI.

The job looks like hell but they were conceptually thinking this thru right...

Too bad Smokin' Joe isn't around anymore - I'd love to see the output of this on his Analyzer...

Here is the bottom pic and a can upfront of the radio pic.

IMG_1362.JPG
IMG_1363.JPG

They routed all thru the SWR card slot...

Wow - I have to give him a Gold star - pretty clean work.

Would I do this - ahmen. er no - don't need to, and there are better options.

They went thru a lot of pain and suffering to squeeze this all in there - to get the results.

Wonder if this is a Comp radio that wandered into your shop...

You do get some surprising ones - if not unique....

Woof!

What does that Cap do? (please don't tell me it's the "at the Tone The Time Will Be" - Roger Beep Cap - this could take all day...)

Reactions: Slowmover
Well, looking closer at the pictures, this looks like a much improved method to doing this than what I posted years ago. I can’t remember where the directions came from, I’d have to find them and see what was printed on them.

This looks like someone at least took some time to try to make it better and I imagine it does work better, much better.

Looks like uhhh never mind seen nuff in my pasture behind the cows n the BULL

You still trying to string di-poles on the Longhorns? Ain’t enough beer in the world for chasing that coax.

Heard the, “alfalfa antenna rotator “, was a kinda bust, too.

not hard to chase use a ht n ride the bull n run radio at same time.
Its 1 of these " HOLD MY BEER N WATCH THIS" Kinda things

Reactions: Slowmover

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.