• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Galaxy 919 DX no TX and the light does change to red

Crossbow

Mar 25, 2016
Had an old Galaxy 919 DX laying around that would not transmit. The light would turn from green to red when keyed up but no TX power. It will not transmit no wattage to the watt meter but it does have enough RF to make the freq counter lite up. On channel 20 I get 26.750.
All the voltages check out on the PLL and have 10.2400 on pin 8. TP3 was correct having 16.4900.
All voltages check out on IC2 and IC9. I know the final and driver are good as I can done the little trick of laying my bear finger across L44 and TP3 to make the radio key up letting me know these two are working.
There has been no mods done to this radio at all and it is AM only no SSB. The board in this one is Ranger EPT092913Z I been using the voltage chart from EPT0696-10Z as that is the only chart I can find that is close to this model.
Went through the whole TX side of the radio and everything was checking out fine until I came across TP5 not giving any frequency at all. Was getting 8 volts to the TP5 but not reading any frequency.
This told me D97 and D95 was working but I checked them both and both had the correct voltage and working like they should be so I Un-Soldered the top of the 10.6975 crystal from the can it was attached to and it fell over into the radio.
I had not un-soldered the legs from them main board yet and thought wow that was crazy how it just fell over. Both legs had corroded slam off. Picture attached.
Replaced the crystal and the radio is now back up and running.
I want to thank Andy for lending me a hand on steering me in the right direction to find this problem.
Andy is going to make a graft for this layout. Hope this will help someone else out that runs into this same problem.
IMG_0336.JPG

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated