• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Galaxy 939?

GRTS said:
Carl said:
should be a 50 watt radio though so thats not bad.

do you know what its going to be using for a pll in it?

Not quite 50 watts because you have to remember this is a FCC type accepted CB model and not a 10-meter model. Already mentioned the driver and final were mosfets if that's what you're calling pills?
Hmmmm

it may show up 4 watts but theres no way it would stay that way. the if520 is rated at 50watts acording to the data sheets on them. theres other cheaper alternatives for a radio thats only going to do 4 watts and stay that way.

i can assume its safe to say they will do 30-40 watts after your little secreat is released. should be a big hit with the truckers.

Carl said:
i have mixed feelings about the rci8719, but i understand its needed to help get certification these days. at least we can get a standard mb8719 in there and mod pin 9 so we can get lots of extra channels, this radio is actually sounding pretty good to me for some reason. any idea on a expected cost?

a 30-40 watt am radio with a backlit face, freq counter and it looks like it can be modded for extra's would be a slam dunk if the price was right. would rather it be a ssb radio but hopefully one will follow in suit.

galaxy939.jpg

i rehosted the pic because you need to register at cbtricks to see it and i hate to see us use all bernie's bandwith

Carl thanks for the pic. Sweet looking radio. I'll be looking to buy one when they come out. Galaxy does have good looking radios. I hope it performs as well as it looks.

it means
In My Humble Opinion.
Ya lords i am having the same issue. Apparantley something must be wrong with the pictures key up circuit because its not showing anything on the watt meter and now im having a difficult time locating the so-239 on the back of the photograph.
:p

bigred222 said:
it means
In My Humble Opinion.
Ya lords i am having the same issue. Apparantley something must be wrong with the pictures key up circuit because its not showing anything on the watt meter and now im having a difficult time locating the so-239 on the back of the photograph.
:p

LMAO.. rogo on that....SWR is way low on my pic
I wonder if the warranty is good on this bad meter problem pic...lol

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.