• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

galaxy 959 mic gain

doctor

Supporting Member
Aug 1, 2006
indiana
What is the average mic gain set at for galaxy 959 from 959 users?, I have been setting it at 12 oclock but some say its not good for rcving at their end so have moved it back to 9 oclock..
Whats your setting

doctor :shock:

galaxy 959

I kind of hate to do this, but I'll answer your question, with a question. lol
Why aren't you turning it all the way up? And now for my second question. What type of mic are you using?
I'll let you get back to us and then go from there.
marven :roll:

doctor said:
What is the average mic gain set at for galaxy 959 from 959 users?, I have been setting it at 12 oclock but some say its not good for rcving at their end so have moved it back to 9 oclock..
Whats your setting

doctor :shock:

There's a few factors Doc , Has your radio been tuned ? either a clipped diode or 100% scoped out are 2 different ways in itself ,As Marv said , what kind of mic is it ? I find that most radios tuned to spec's and no clips will sound very well with there own stock mic's , In this case it usually is best to talk in the mic at your mouth across the element , maybe half to all the way on the mic gain should work (do you talk loud or soft) more factors ! with most stock mic's guys need to talk into them rather then a few inches away , unlike power mic's and radios that have been clipped so to speak , it's not rocket science Doc , sometimes it's hit and miss , I understand you hating to do it Marv ........it's the so many factors involved. Sometimes Doc , a good ole fashion radio check should lead you in the right direction. Good luck to you.

mic

Its a stock mic, and never have tuned it, just as guys say its splatters when past 12 oclock, was curious on it

doctor

that's a very decent radio in my book Doc , and I have heard them stock with there stock mic's and they are very clean sounding radios with plenty of audio with there own stock mic's , 12:00 O-Clock sounds about right then Doc. Just think what it would sound like tuned up real nice like. (-: Enjoy

hi. my 959 has vr16 turn about 3quarters of the way up. mic gain on front of radio turned up all the way. and i use a astatic road devil power mike slid aboutv half way. modulation goes to about 95 percent. get great reports. everybody says sounds great. excellent radio have 4 of them now.

ok

Will try that, I did turn vr13 up yesterday 3/4 and it helped on ssb , I plugged my turner plus 3 into it, and the mfj meter is swinging, and the swr is 1 to 1 also.

We should become bench testers for galaxy..
tnx , 73

doctor

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.