• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Galaxy 959 no transmit

Mk121

Oct 28, 2015
So this galaxy 959 I just picked up is not putting out any power. No movement on my watt meter, but when I key up my test radio next to it gets a signal. Just no audio and nothing showing on watt meter. It looks like the previous owner experienced the same thing and replaced the final and driver. I'm not sure if they were put in right though. Anything I can check? What about adjusting the bias would that do anything? Also I did try a different mic.

See if the PA function works first.
If it doesn't; then it is something in the audio circuit.

I mean that even if there is a driver/final problem, it is best to start from the beginning here. The 959 is known for having problems with the audio chip. Does it have the IRF520 MOSFET driver/final; or are they the 2166/1969 combo? The later model of the 959 has the MOSFETs.

Last edited:
See if the PA function works first.
If it doesn't; then it is something in the audio circuit.

I mean that even if there is a driver/final problem, it is best to start from the beginning here. The 959 is known for having problems with the audio chip. Does it have the IRF520 MOSFET driver/final; or are they the 2166/1969 combo? The later model of the 959 has the MOSFETs.
I forgot to mention I did try the PA function and it works. It has the irf520 for final/driver. Thanks

Check for burnt or broken traces. Also look for any suspect solder joints. Those 959's are notorious for poor solder joints and for burning traces if the final goes bad.

~Cheers~

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.