• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Galaxy 95T problem

chassis221

Feb 7, 2011
Philadelphia Burbs
Alright, looked around for a 95T thread and found that most were very old so I
figured I'd start a new one. Ive upgraded radios since my last posting on here
and I hope I'm done buying radios for a while.
This Galaxy is awesome. Im so happy with the performance of this thing. I am
definately being heard for sure LOL. I use it as a mobile unit. I get great reports all the time on SSB. Im running 8 gauge wire to the battery + and -. swrs are great.

The problem Im having is after the radio has been on for an hour or so the
volume or static will just cut out...kinda like turning up the squelch. The meter
does stay put with the static, the only thing is the sound that cuts out. This does
happen on AM or SSB.
I have noticed that when I key the mic, or turn or touch the volume knob
the sound will come back to normal. Im thinking maybe its just a "dirty" volume
knob? Not sure if that would have anything to do with that. I have seen this
complaint before on other forums just havent found a cure yet. Ive heard of cold solder joint and things like that and I know its not the mic because ive changed the mic and this still happens.
Any insight would be great and I love just looking threw the old threads and takin in all the info.
Thanks for reading.

Never encountered any of that problem with mines. You might be right about that dirty Vol. POT. Try wiggling it see if it kills the sound. or it might be the speaker. Dont know, maybe someone else can chime in. Peace, James,,,,

re

check your mic.might have a short.
mine works perfect. did you buy it new.or got it elsewhere

just an update on my 95T with the sound cutting out.

I sprayed some electronics parts cleaner into the knobs and blew out with compressed air and problem solved.

No problems everything works and many many flowers!

I also had another issue with the radio just shutting off when i would modulate,it was intermittent, but it turned out to be the blade connectors. I just did away with the blade connectors and soldered the wires. problem solved.

just an update on my 95T with the sound cutting out.

I sprayed some electronics parts cleaner into the knobs and blew out with compressed air and problem solved.

No problems everything works and many many flowers!

I also had another issue with the radio just shutting off when i would modulate,it was intermittent, but it turned out to be the blade connectors. I just did away with the blade connectors and soldered the wires. problem solved.

Glad its solved...I just purchased a 95T2 ... Can't wait to crank it up.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.