• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

GALAXY 979 INSTALLING ECHO BOARD

Little off this topic but on a dx 959 where is a +8volt source
You don't need a 8 volt source, use the 12 volt off the on/off switch.. echo board,you"ll have to disconnect the black wire from the mic board,solder "in"(white) directly to pin 2 on the back of the board, out to black wire, both grounds to the mic board ground.

could some body explain how to install echo board.
the board is a BB-2 board. i'm going to install the knob on the side of radio.
where can i found 9 volts to hook red wire to.
does the red and white wire both get hooked to pin 1 of microphone like it states.
thanks
al
Please don't do it...Step away from the echo toys, please I deplore you...

Yep, agree 110% 9C1Driver, way easier to install the RF Limited 2018 extreme mic as well LOL! Plug and play as they say. Already wired for cobra style 4 pin mics. And yes they do everything an echo board will do, a lot more then some echo boards as a matter of fact. They also make a great power and noise cancelling mic as well when the echo is turned down al the way. Great mics for what they are!! I love mine just for the fact it can be used as just a good power mic and also has a NR (Noise Reduciton), feature built in that can be turned on/off. This along with the plethora of other things it does!! Much better option then butchering the inside of the radio!! And when you want to sell the radio, you don't have to remove anything but the mic and carry it along to the next radio! Also know this. The VR pots to turn down/ up things are located at the back of the mic and can be accessed with a small screwdriver. All that is required is a 9 volt battery!! Good luck with whatever you decide. But mt vote goes to the RF limited 2018 extreme. JMHO's.
Have a great day.
73 and God Bless from
222 Daytona Beach, FL.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.