• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

galaxy 98vhp vs connex 4600 vs general hp 40?

For AM use, all 3 radios are fine aside from the solder joint issues, although the Galaxy 98VHP can have heat related issues because the PA unit is on the bottom of the radio, rather than the top, where it should be placed. Same goes for the Connex 4600, if it's a turbo model.

If the radio is to be used as a base, they won't be prone to the soldering problems. If the radio will be mounted mobile, there will be problems. It's not a matter of "if", it's a matter of "when".

TexasPete359 is enjoying AM right now, and for AM, all 3 radios will work ok.

SSB is another story, however (in the case of the 98VHP).

~Cheers~

For AM use, all 3 radios are fine aside from the solder joint issues, although the Galaxy 98VHP can have heat related issues because the PA unit is on the bottom of the radio, rather than the top, where it should be placed. Same goes for the Connex 4600, if it's a turbo model.

If the radio is to be used as a base, they won't be prone to the soldering problems. If the radio will be mounted mobile, there will be problems. It's not a matter of "if", it's a matter of "when".

~Cheers~
You know it exit lol.

You know it exit

~Cheers~

I bwen talking a little on ssb. With the 959. And yea i get what u were saying on ssb and galaxy. But I just talk to a guy 40 miles from me on ssb. But yea exit I hate to say it but uniden or cobra is the way to go as far as ssb. Theres other models I left out.

And yes I know the galaxy drifts like hell. I've owned both the general and 98. Ill say I think the general is a tad better.but just my opinion.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.