• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

galaxy 98vhp

I found this on a web site.
  • TWO YEAR GALAXY WARRANTY
  • Local testing shows 24 amps on AM and 45.6A max on SSB (22.4A on min power)

I would get a 75 amp supply if the numbers that 9C1Driver posted. At 50 amps you don't have much headroom. I like at least 10 amps or more of headroom. JMHO.
There is a gent on EBay that a thread was posted about here, that sells a 75 amp power supply that appears to be well made and from all reviews, gets good remarks. Here is the power supply I am speaking of and the sellers name. Hope this helps. $172.60 shipped isn't bad for a 75 amp PS.
Just research it some before you buy as all I have seen are the reviews on EBay and a short review by one of the members here, who's friend purchased one recently. He hasn't had it long enough to give a long period review, but first impressions were good from what was said I am pretty sure. Again, hope this helps and good day.

Attachments

• IMG_6422.PNG
    IMG_6422.PNG
    416.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_6423.PNG
    IMG_6423.PNG
    391.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_6424.PNG
    IMG_6424.PNG
    74.3 KB · Views: 5
I found this on a web site.
  • TWO YEAR GALAXY WARRANTY
  • Local testing shows 24 amps on AM and 45.6A max on SSB (22.4A on min power)
That looks to be worded funny.

45 amps max on AM sounds about right due to heavy amp draw from the AM carrier.

DBL220FL gives good advice about having headroom and P/S recommending but I'll add to it a bit.

Power supplies are nearly always sold and marketed at their peak power rating. You need to check spec's for continuous or average power for what your needs require for radio and a few amps extra for accessories.

Typically a 50 amp p/s may only give a 37 amp continuous rating. A 75 amp p/s might be around 55 amps.

222DBLFL's suggestion of a 75 amp p/s will cover your radio with plenty of headroom.

Last edited:
Reactions: 222DBFL

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated