• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Galaxy 99v2 drift or no drift on SSB?

Codeman how do you like that 45hp? I have one and love it!!

I love it haha. I like how easy it can jump around to different frequencies using the memory buttons. Plus this radio gets out good on AM and seems to pretty decent on sideband.

Hey codeman, have you tried to use a mounting bracket and screw it down or even some industrial Velcro along the entire bottom of the radio and the bottom of the cubby you have it in. Pretty sure some good Velcro would hold fine. But the mount would definitely hold it being screwed down. Either top or bottom, either will work, for the bracket that is. As long as it works for now and the radio isn't getting hot, then use it!! Have you pulled the towel out after s qso and see if its hot or not?? May want to do that just in case. If all there is is hot air to blow, the fans can't do their job correctly and will just be circulating hot air. Just some food for thought. Have fun with the radio, they are a very nice one. I wish my magnum 257HP was built a bit better. But it does have good audio on both AM and SSB. Anyhow. Be safe and have a good one.
73 and God Bless

Hey 222DBFL, no I haven't checked to see how hot the back of the radio gets. I haven't done a whole lot of long conversations with it since I've had it in this new truck. Just a few quick contacts here and there for the most part. I am going to try to mount a bracket inside when I can get to it. I have been running pretty hard lately and just don't feel like fooling with by day's end. When I get in on Fridays I'm just ready to get out of the truck. I'll get to it one these days.

Reactions: 222DBFL
Looks good
I drive the same shit box :ROFLMAO:

I'm actually enjoying this truck. It has a Cummins Isx rated at 525 with a 13 speed. It does a pretty good job pulling. Much better then the Peterbilt 587 I had to drive for a few months...what a gutless wonder that truck was.

I totally understand not wanting to mess with it at the moment codeman!! I too need have a project that I am dreading to do and seems like every weekend I am just too worn down to do it. One day right! One day! I totally feel your pain man!!
Have a good one and keep safe on the road.
73 and God Bless.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.