• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

galaxy 99v2

I've got one. Works great above 30 degrees. Below 30 the modulation lamp comes on for no reason. Roger beep is a total failure until it warms up. research other post on galaxy because this seems to be a trademark of theirs.

It's not a bad radio. it's just sensitive to cold weather. I don't use roger beep but with that said, it being a feature on the 99v2 I think it should work all the time. I've found several threads on the galaxy radios being bad in cold weather. Evidently the roger beep is the first casualty of cold weather in the galaxy's. it must be in the DNA of galaxy so I'm not worried enough about it to send back for repairs. the modulation lamp likes to light up in cold weather. After it warms up it goes away. For the cost of these things I think they should work in cold weather. I've had it on the meter. not knocking galaxy at all like I said it works great in warm weather. I just don't like the bugs that they have.

some of the time you can heat the solder joints around the pll and filter and 10.240 crystal and it helps. for some reason they have cold solder joints on them.

I have been looking at the same radio. looks to have the same board as the 98 but without the built in amp.Has all the bells and whistles without the power.

I simply just dont get it!!! What is with this particular manufacture of radio not just puttiing a 6 digit frequency display in these radios or atleast the new models!!! I think its time to get with the times and do away with all the old!! Changing the display color from green to blue doesnt change the fact that it looks cheap then again its still a Galaxy with the all to well known Galaxy problems ;)

Reactions: 5 people
That alone is enough for me to move on, That's why I went w/Stryker, not trying 2/B a pip, but Damn that is a no brainier Duh.

I simply just dont get it!!! What is with this particular manufacture of radio not just puttiing a 6 digit frequency display in these radios or atleast the new models!!! I think its time to get with the times and do away with all the old!! Changing the display color from green to blue doesnt change the fact that it looks cheap then again its still a Galaxy with the all to well known Galaxy problems ;)

Thats why i stick with my 95T Tony. If you dont use sideband you will never know how essential that 6th digit is. i would never buy a radio that i intended on using on sideband without a sixth digit YOU NEED IT PLAIN AND SIMPLE

i love my 95T but it drifts like a mofo on these cold new england mornings so i use it in the house now. and keep my 146GTL in the car TALK ABOUT ROCK SOLID

I don't understand why they just can't upgrade the capacitors for a more frequency stable radio. Another thing today I opened a brand new never installed DX99V2. Still in factory box with seals in tact I looked around inside the radio and was sorely disappointed with what I saw. Solder Flux all over the place. It was apparent that they tried to wash it off but failed miserably. Add a little moisture and a little time corrosion will kill it and knock it off frequency. I'm sending this one back to Galaxy. It uses the same main board that they use in the DX949, DX959, and the DX979. A few parts added in here and there for FM and other features. But it is the same board, same design with just a few parts here and there and the board change it's function considerably.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated