• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Galaxy DX-11B/Satrun

Smoke check

Aug 4, 2019
To the knowledgeable bunch, I have a,galaxy dx11b that suffers from low output in FM,AM & USB modes, oddly enough LSB has good peak output around 25 or so watts, modulation seems pretty good in all modes, I've changed finals with known good transistors, and replace the. bias pots with good ones, forget and the high power pot, I forget the values right off, but whatever was listed in the parts breakdown I used, I'd sure appreciate some input from those smarter than myself..

--always learning

thanks

Two possibilities. Since one mode is okay, this takes a lot of things off the hook. The carrier oscillator gets adjusted to 10.695 MHz for AM, 10.6925 for USB and 10.6975 for LSB.

There is a slug-tuned trimmer coil for each mode, to set those three frequencies. If they are off, the radio's crystal filter will block the signal for the mode that's set wrong.

And if those three frequencies check okay, the crystal filter can fail and block frequencies that it should let pass through.

Just sounds like one or the other, wrong carrier oscillator setting, or wrong performance from the crystal filter.

Two possibilities. Since one mode is okay, this takes a lot of things off the hook. The carrier oscillator gets adjusted to 10.695 MHz for AM, 10.6925 for USB and 10.6975 for LSB.

There is a slug-tuned trimmer coil for each mode, to set those three frequencies. If they are off, the radio's crystal filter will block the signal for the mode that's set wrong.

And if those three frequencies check okay, the crystal filter can fail and block frequencies that it should let pass through.

Just sounds like one or the other, wrong carrier oscillator setting, or wrong performance from the crystal filter.

Thanks for your reply, I did see the thread where someone replaced his filter and fixed bis problem, I'll check those offsets and go from there, and post an update.

I appreciate the reply that I can make sense of, this radio was a. wreck when I got it, resistors cut, wires cut, a few parts removed for unknown reasons, I was excited to have a almost fully functional radio,output and squelch are my last two known issues at this time..

thanks again, talk soon

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Hamvention this Weekend!!!!~ See link above
  • @ nomadradio:
    Hello from Dayton. Well, okay. Kettering.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    Wow I did not know this was here until just now
  • @ c316buckeye:
    no conditions in ohio