• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Galaxy DX 73V

ShadowDelaware

Jun 20, 2023
South jersey, North Delaware
What does anyone know about this radio, what is it worth, is it commen? I have one I might sell because I do not ever use it but I have no clue what would be fair cost asking. Should I keep it just to let it collect dust...what is the opinion of the rest of you?

Attachments

• 20240526_105906.jpg
    20240526_105906.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 19
Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

I don't really know but it looks like you need a new wallet!!
Too bad it doesn't have SSB for all that it can do!
There are a few sold recently on Ebay but it looks like they accepted offers so we don't know what they sold for. You may want to compare it with other Galaxy rigs that sold like the 99V that has sideband and go in under what they sell for. Being rare may only mean that it was not a very popular radio due to the price point and/or features offered compared to other models at that time. Put a price on it and entertain offers is a good way to go.

Last edited:
Reactions: ShadowDelaware
Yea as I remember from many many years ago the 73v was kinda an oddball radio. Not sure if it was recognized as a legit Galaxy radio or if it’s more like a Mirrage off shoot.

Reactions: ShadowDelaware
bit of a goofy radio
Biggest thing I didn't like was the channel 9/19 scan feature. Used a big, fat PROM chip between the channel selector and the PLL. Learned to hot-wire the radio for normal channels only so the channel 9/19 dual watch wouldn't go psycho when it felt like it.

Never did get to the bottom of why it would get twitchy. Could have been the front panel slide switch, maybe. Wasn't worth my while to do the Sherlock Holmes on it, once I worked out the patch to disable it. The drivers just wanted it to work on the channel they chose.

Rhe dual watch is disabled on this radio. A man in Alabama bought it today, tomorrow it takes the ride. I'm just not into it. It is an over complicated radio.
Biggest thing I didn't like was the channel 9/19 scan feature. Used a big, fat PROM chip between the channel selector and the PLL. Learned to hot-wire the radio for normal channels only so the channel 9/19 dual watch wouldn't go psycho when it felt like it.

Never did get to the bottom of why it would get twitchy. Could have been the front panel slide switch, maybe. Wasn't worth my while to do the Sherlock Holmes on it, once I worked out the patch to disable it. The drivers just wanted it to work on the channel they chose.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ AWP:
    Is it possible to be on a lake and have a homing directional beam being emitted from the shore so a person could navigate to that beam's source? For example at night to a jetty.
  • @ BJ radionut:
  • @ wavrider:
    sea que sea que,
    +1