• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Galaxy dx 88 hl

DR456

Jan 23, 2017
Baton Rouge Louisiana
Trying to help a friend get set up. He has a galaxy dx 88 hl no receive and malfunctioning 10 khz jump switch I fixed the receive problem D77 with (2) 1n4148 in series. The 10 khz switch in the normal position the frequency meter reads 24635. The unit does not have tx power. No receive or transmit. High low band switch has no effect. Frequency stays on 24635. Push the 10 khz button in and the radios transmitted and receives fine. Frequency meter is working but it is reading 10 khz down. Instead of up. Example . Ch (19) 27185 is on Ch (18) on the Channel selector . Ch(19) is (19A) 27195. Then it skipped Ch 20 and went to 21. This is really hard to explain I hope someone out there understands it much better than I explained it. HELP

Mine did a lot of funky things, especially no TX one time and then another hit a bump (mobile application) and it would drop to I believe the 24.635 you are mentioning. Took it to a shop, they found a lot of cold solder joints. He showed me using a plastic BIC pen shell how as he moved it around pressing on certain areas it would work or not work. Hit them with a hot iron and a drop of solder and it worked again. I ended up going over every solder joint I could get to and retouched them. Worked great ever since. The guy at the shop said they had a run of bad solder jobs... I bought mine new around 1995-97, has a serial number 700368 for reference.

Reactions: Chevboy0167

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated