• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Galaxy Dx 959 Mosfet Complete Tune Up Procedure

My brand new 959B with the blue displays had driver and final bias set to 4.20v from the factory.
Thats whats nice about mosfet is can be a little high and still be ok. You can check the current if they are not drawing too much it probably wont run too hot.

Reactions: Slowmover
Thats whats nice about mosfet is can be a little high and still be ok. You can check the current if they are not drawing too much it probably wont run too hot.
If I set the driver and final bias the way the manual says for the bipolar finals, I can't even get 4 watts dead key with the pot turned all the way up. Set them back to 4.20v, I can turn dead key up to 10w. 4.20v seems to me to be the correct voltage.

If I set the driver and final bias the way the manual says for the bipolar finals, I can't even get 4 watts dead key with the pot turned all the way up. Set them back to 4.20v, I can turn dead key up to 10w. 4.20v seems to me to be the correct voltage.
Are you running a factory single final mosfet? Or a modified bipolar to mosfet conversion? Or dual mosfets? What kind of pep power are you seeing? Normally 3.4v the mosfet is almost fully biased, being high level modulated I wouldnt think the dead key would be affected that much. Does you pep power change with more bias?

Reactions: Slowmover
Are you running a factory single final mosfet? Or a modified bipolar to mosfet conversion? Or dual mosfets? What kind of pep power are you seeing? Normally 3.4v the mosfet is almost fully biased, being high level modulated I wouldnt think the dead key would be affected that much. Does you pep power change with more bias?
Pep seems to stay the same. It is just a single final 959. Both driver and final bias were set at exactly 4.20v right out of the box.

bump, checking out my new 959 now.
Yes definitely a good thread bump.

I suggest checking the driver and final bias, the one I have were 4 volts on the driver and a tad over that on the final. All I did was the bias and turn modulation up just a smidge. Sounds good as well as ssb without any warble. Really nice receiver too.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?