• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Galaxy dx-959

C

cooltrucks

one more thing

i think all i need is a standard 40 channel cb but i want to try ssb so thatw one reason i am chooseing this radio.

</p>

Reactions: Slowmover

I am thinking about getting a galaxy dx-959 some time soon, and wanted to ask if any of you guys had an experience with it or had heard anyhitng about it.

I know i have asked some of you all about it chat but thought i would get it out here for the people that i havent talked to.

thanks

Chuck

</p>

Cooltrucks, if all you want is a 40 channel CB with sideband I recommend the Uniden Grant. It cost a whole lot less and you will find it is a lot more stable frequency wise. The Grant is probably the best CB radio ever made, and it's too bad they aren't made anymore. Look around you can still find them new but you will have to look.

73's

fasteddy

CDX-765, PE765, 2SF765

High Country DX, HF Specailist. Del Norte, CO
contact me at pe765@aol.com
mid79290big.jpg
</p>

Reactions: NZ8N and Slowmover
I happen to like the 949/959. Has SSB, the big meter, swr, talkback, rgr beep. They are great to run with a small amp since the radio doesn't do alot of power. A good tuneup and a little 60-100w amp and it's a nice little rig. Copper has thenm for $149.

Wm. Warlock
"Warlock, 71 in Va"

Rollingradios@aol.com

Mail me your XForce questions</p>

Hey,

I am very happy with my 959, it is a real nice radio. It has all the features that one could want. I like the automatic SWR's meter, just key the mic. and read.

I have mine hooked up to my Messenger 1200 now and it does a fine job driving that. I have other radios I could use, but the 959 seems to work the best in this set-up

As always these are just my opinions, Jeff aka Lucky

</p>

I really like my 959. Like aka Jeff said it has all the big radio features, without the big radio price. I have heard nothing but flowers. when I talk on mine.

tommy.gif

</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.