1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This forum does not allow a single user to have more than one username. If anyone wants to change their username contact an admin and it will be done. Multiple accounts belonging to the same member will be deleted without warning.

Galaxy DX-99V2 Key Up Issues - key up and no key up

Discussion in 'CB Radio Modifications' started by CbRadiosPRONTO, Dec 18, 2019.

1. CbRadiosPRONTO

CbRadiosPRONTO Performance Ready Radios

I’ve recently had 3 99v2 radios keying up when they shouldn’t. Normally, it’s an issue of two legs on the mic board shorting.
    Recently, however, it has been an issue of the echo board pinching one of the wires that is soldered to the Band knob pot. These echo boards don’t have enough space and are actually installed slightly crooked, direct from the manufacture. Sorry, I forgot to take pictures.

I’ve also has issues with the audio being muffled right out of the box. I don’t have time to repair all the radios that come in with issues so one is going back for six weeks while Galaxy does the repairs.
    Hope this helps anyone with the same issue.

In another 99v2, one leg of R180 was not even placed through the hole. It was literally stuck under the IC chip next to it. It was shorting and the radio wouldn’t key up. Again, right out of the box. ‍♂️ B312F727-56CE-42B5-BB59-F1A3BB02EAAE.jpeg

Shadetree Mechanic likes this.

2. AudioShockwav

AudioShockwav Extraterrestrial Admin
    Staff Member

That's got to be a Monday morning radio.
    Some were I had a picture of the "Techs" at Ranger Melika in the factory.
    It was not a high tech production area.
    4 or 5 young girls assembling ranger radios in a small room.
    Nothing like when Yaesu was building radios in Japan back in the 70"s in a large production area with lots of people and tons of test equipment.

Jeff

3. Eldorado828

Eldorado828 8-2-8 Amarillo Tx Standing By

Seems to be more of the usual from ranger built radios, they're making the quixiang bunch look really good in the qc sector.

AudioShockwav likes this.