• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Galaxy DX 99v2

AL567

Aug 3, 2013
Tennessee
My mobile station on a Gamber Johnson radio rack with a Sirio 5000 hard mount antenna.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 268
Reactions: dx99v

I talk DX at will any time I want. swr is near to nothing. Excellent receive and transmit. no, it's not a bad place for an antenna lol. I've never had an antenna mounted in any other place on any vehicle in 28 years. Never had anything but excellent results. It does everything it's supposed to do and will out perform most setups that are located dead center of the vehicle. nothing wrong with the location. The looks of the antenna mounted on the vehicle plays a big role to me. It's in the perfect location. mounting it dead center on a car would look like a circus wagon driving down the road. you wouldn't be able to tell any difference in performance if it was located on another place on the car so might as well put it somewhere it looks good.

Last edited:
It's properly mounted. how's it not properly mounted? So what if It's not dead center of the vehicle. that theory is way over rated anyhow. The location has worked for going on three decades.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated