• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Galaxy DX radios

yes, that SMT - Surface Mount Technology - parts just fall off the boards,
after banging the radios around. Recently I repaired a RCI-2995 and soldered in an
old "real" transistor in place of the SMT transistor
(Q67 in the Amplitude Modulator) that was bad.

they lightly glue the SMT components down on the board.
then heat it all up in an oven, and hope the parts get
soldered in place.

I have a galaxy dx 44v .. no transmit no recieve.. was fine then just stopped.. kinda just went out while I was talking... could this be the 3 legged regulatornon side of chasis

Thats because Chinese know how to assemble and produce electronics. They are the leader in the industry and believe it or not they do know what they are doing. We just see the cheap crap because thats what American companies pay them for. Now as far as rci (galaxy), and a couple others, they went to vietnam. Hahahaha really? Now those guys have absolutely no clue on what they are doing. Vietnam, pshhh give me a break. Thats why its all complete garbage.
Ur right Chinese electronics are far superior than anyone else’s they just ship to America junk in China even there cell phones are steps away from what we get I need America Americans are getting what they ask for cheap electronic prices cheap electronics

Ur right Chinese electronics are far superior than anyone else’s they just ship to America junk in China even there cell phones are steps away from what we get I need America Americans are getting what they ask for cheap electronic prices cheap electronics
The Koreans are up there too, they know their stuff. And you are right, Americans want cheap disposable electronics from Walmart etc. Disgusting

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.