• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Galaxy DX55HP low power

Ok I only had 10 min to play with the 55 tonight I peaked my 33Hml (no couldnt tune I don’t have a freq. counter or scope.... I know I know)

To be fair you shouldn't be in a radio adjusting anything in the RX or TX chain without those and ideally also a RF signal generator.

...[...]... anyways so I did some power off continuity checks I hooked up leads to pot VR16 it’s wonky... it’s a “1K” pot ( what’s shown on it ) and it was 1200ohm all the way one way then you start moving it slowly monitoring resistance and it goes 1200...1100...800...500.... and then a little under 500 it goes to 0 ohm and stays I think it’s bad I was gonna hook up to ground end of pot and check it that way to but the case i only showing open (millions of ohms) hummmm I’m still confused by all radios and their ground... case ground isn’t always ground figured that out the hard way.... where do I hook a ground to?

You can always take the 2 wires off the pot and use a FIXED resistor soldered in place of it for now just so you can get that 55 working again - you just won't have adjustable.- well you would, just the trimmers would be doing the job for you. No external.

You've been having quite a time over there with radio issues - take your time...be patient.

The ground you use, is the same as the Foil Board ground - that is you cans - your IF and Peaking cans - you will also see that the radio is designed for Positive Or Negative ground.

upload_2020-4-10_8-7-7.png

IF you live in Australia(*) - this is important, but for the rest of us - it's just another "attribute" of having insulated case to board ground chassis designs - one you get your ground, the other only provides RF ground and insulated from DC.- but both are tied to Earth.
  • (*) - In some areas of the World, the Battery cable Earth is tied to the Batteries (+) POSITIVE Terminal so the engine runs backwards (no - just kidding - just runs upside down) So it gives Radio Manufacturers' a new way to offer Noise Abatement as well as Ease Of Installation in ANY vehicle even ones wired up backwards.
  • This feature protects the operator and vehicle from encountering conditions that can cause shorts and potential fires - although moot - it's still metal and can cause shorts - just protects the operator from electrical hazards.

Welcome to the 3rd Rock from the Sun.

Last edited:
I would say yes, but make sure the wattage rating is GREATER than 1/6th watt.

tenor.gif

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.