• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Galaxy Melaka channels off

Jimbo165

Jun 1, 2012
Southeastern Michigan
I have a Galaxy Melaka SSB and I have found channels are not in right location . Bands A - C - E are two channels off. C band 24 low shows up as channel 22 on radio and it is the same for A band and E band they are off. Is there anything i can do to put radio back on channels on these bands? Also the SSB clarifier is in 9 oclock position to clarifiy people in on my other radios they come in at 12 oclock. I would sure appreciate any help or comments Thank You Jimbo165

i think this is what you are talking about,,, the channels 22 23 24 25 are not in order because of the fcc changing from 23 to 40 channels channel 22 is 27.225, channel 23 is 27.255, channel 24 27.235, channel 25 is 27.245,,,,, on many export radios this mix up is the same on the other bands,,,, have seen many a person bring their radio in saying it was off freq ...it is just those odd channels like that,,,, nothing wrong with it,,, hope i was some help

Galaxy Melaka

Thank you for the info driver but no help there. No help on CB Tricks either radio works fine but would like it to be on channel 24 low and show 24 low Midnite Special Bands B, D, and F are okay and show correct channel on selector but Bands A, C, and E are off two channels if I want to go to 26.785 which should be C band and channel selector on 24 I have to turn selector to channel 22 to get 26.785 and even though I did not check ever channel on all band the ones are off on A, C, and E bands for sure. Thanks for your input.

Last edited:
Thank you for the info driver but no help there. No help on CB Tricks either radio works fine but would like it to be on channel 24 low and show 24 low Midnite Special Bands B, D, and F are okay and show correct channel on selector but Bands A, C, and E are off two channels if I want to go to 26.785 which should be C band and channel selector on 24 I have to turn selector to channel 22 to get 26.785 and even though I did not check ever channel on all band the ones are off on A, C, and E bands for sure. Thanks for your input.

That is determined by the channel selector. just leave it alone.

Hmmm . . . Venturing a guess here so take it for what its worth . . . I would say that it might be one of the two 4-bit counter chips next to the PLL . . . Or one of the diodes in the matrix related to them . . .

My reasons for saying this are: Some positions of the band selector switch still work properly because some of them are working OK. The channel selector switch must also be OK for the same reason. So, the PLL must be OK. But on certain bandswitch positions (eg: 'C'), the 4-bit counters add/subtract from the PLL freq to change the freqs up/down. So either one of the 4-bit counter chips (not to be confused with the freq counter board - BTW) is dead or one of the diodes in the diode matrix is shorted. Because although the freq may be off on certain bands, it is still functioning. Just my $.02.

It should be the same as a Galaxy DX-99V board, as many Galaxy radios are based upon the same EPT 3600-14 chassis. So this schematic should be pretty close in layout and function:

http://www.cbtricks.com/radios/galaxy/dx99v/graphics/dx99v_sch_old.pdf

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.