• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Galaxy N Kit Improved Frequency/Channel Chart

CollinsMan

Supporting Member
Dec 19, 2006
Florence Mississippi
Here is a revised frequency/channel chart for radios that have the Galaxy N Kit in them. I've eliminated the repetitive frequencies in an effort to make the set-up easier to use, and figured that some of you guys might find it handy.

The Galaxy N Kit is used in the PC 122/122XL, TRC 465, Pro 810E, and others. Enjoy!

Attachments

• TRC 465 Frequency Chart.pdf
    381.1 KB · Views: 308
Reactions: space cowboy

Very cool AC , I think those Galaxy N Kit's are great ! You can also get all lower freq's on those by adjusting the VFO instead of the higher ones. :)

Thanks Switch Kit!

I like those Galaxy N kits, too. Much, much, much better than the Expo 100 N kits as I couldn't get the clarifiers to work properly with them at all.

Thanks for the pointer on how to get the lower frequencies! I'll have to give that a try , sometimes.

According to some information I have:

Move the wire on the expander from pin 8 to pin 9 on the 7493 IC along with adjusting L13 and L38 will give you coverage in the novice portion of 10 meters.

I haven't tried this mod, but it looks promising, also.

you can adjust for the lower channels below channel 1 as well with the N Kits. Old thread but needed a copy of the chart. Good ole intergrated circuits (y)

Reactions: Cruzer Dood
I have one of these kits with instructions. Just wondering if anyone knows how to put one is a cobra 29ltd classic? I would was told they would work in it, the instructions that came with it suck. They make hardly no sense at all. Just wondering if someone knew how in layman's terms. Thanks, Perry...

Perry, I've never heard of putting one of these in a Cobra 29. Even though they share the same PLL, the remaining circuitry is quite different as the N Kit is intended for a SSB chassis.

The A kit works well with 29s.

Any one got step by step for an ar144 the kit instructions are horrible cant tell what they are doing with L13 looks like they are connecting the 2 center taps together but i only see one side that has 3 connections. thanks for any help

You might try starting a new thread rather then highjack a 3 year old thread, more people will see your post. cbtricks.com might have the directions .

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.