• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Galaxy radio drift

You sir obviously are the coolest best man on this forum. And I do not say that easily. The patient is doing really well. The patient seems to enjoy the lots of fresh air. The patient is stable and very happy with its voltage pumped up from 13.6.

I need to remove the face so that I can gain access to the solder points for the clarifier switch and it's couple of components. They need to be re-tinned.

Gosh Darn It...

I hate it when they get Canned...

I was hoping the radio would still be stable and not drift - so in the event this idea didn't turn out the best, I had a couple of ideas I wanted to share to see if these would suffice...

There's is always Simplex...
Simplex.jpg

Then too, if there ever was a need to expand there are always Options...
Like - The Party Line...
PartyLine.jpg
Just some ideas if they didn't can, 'er - pan, out...

:+> Andy <+:

Last edited:
That's just plain cool. Is that tubular stock?

I've been wondering so I'll just throw this out here...

It deals with your issue of finding a good paraffin wax or something like it - that has a relatively high melting point - which usually equates to low levels of VOC (Volatile Organic Compounds) so the melting or drop point goes higher the less VOC's you have. So it's more of a refinement issue.

Found a cute site here, lots of good stuff for anyone to use for their own tuning issues and circuit fabrication....
http://www.zen22142.zen.co.uk/Theory/tunedcct.htm (look around that site, including the upper menu bar to find other parts of the site I have yet to explore but contain a lot of fun stuff for curious mounds of mind - like myself.

But that isn't why I'm posting this, I'm trying to find the stuff that Cobra, Uniden, Midland and even Realistic used back in the days that had a higher melting point than that of typical wax...

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
I took three Crystal cans and filed the lips off, which consequently also made them shorter. I do not have the third casing lined up and soldered in position yet. I also have to cut a couple of grooves.

If I was to sell a kit it would come with a chunk of paraffin. But, hot glue has excellent thermal properties and a melting point of about 225 degrees.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.