1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice

Galaxy Saturn AM low set point question

Discussion in 'General CB Services Discussion' started by Crambone, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Crambone

Crambone Active Member

I purchased a Galaxy Saturn that’s low set point on AM was 5watts and high 10watts. I wanted to make low 2watts and high 8watts. So with radio in AM Power set full counter clockwise I attempted to set VR16 to 2 watts dead key. I got no adjustment from it? So I tried VR13 and was able to set high to 8 watts. I also set VR14 modulation using a scope and it sits just a bit under full clockwise. I also was able to set VR12 SSB using the scope and bird that landed about 3/4 clockwise.
    Oh ya this is the older 5 digit frequency counter version.
    Any ideas why I can’t set AM low wattage?

2. Unit 75

Unit 75 Sweet Home Alabama

Crambone, your hi/low power settings for AM/FM on the Saturn Base are as follows. VR13 for hi power and VR803 for low power. VR803 is located on the switch function selector board. Check the service manual out if you need further info. It is readily available in a Google search.

3. nomadradio

nomadradio Analog Retentive

In some versions of the Saturn, the low-side carrier adjust is the only trimpot on the flip-switch circuit board.

4. Crambone

Crambone Active Member

Thank you found the service manual, CR803 was correct all good now

Unit 75 likes this.