• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Galaxy Saturn

Assuming the radio is in new condition as far as the electronics, I'd expect anywhere from 35 to 50 watts PEP depending on where the power supply voltage was set. If the radio has been chopped at all and has been well-used, it will likely not show that much.

If I may, I would suggest bypassing the internal power supply and run a minimum of an Astron 35 set at 14.5 volts.

If DTB or Justin say otherwise, I'd stick with their opinion, but I know the power supplies in these radios are a weak link!

Master Chief said:
If I may, I would suggest bypassing the internal power supply and run a minimum of an Astron 35 set at 14.5 volts.

If DTB or Justin say otherwise, I'd stick with their opinion, but I know the power supplies in these radios are a weak link!

Yes, the early ones definitely had a problem with the main power supply transistor blowing. I haven't run into thet problem in years, however. And yes, I also run most of my supplies in the 14-15 volts range to get the extra output.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    AKA- UDX122
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.