• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Gamma match and 2 element yagi.

zp9mce

Nov 29, 2010
Greetings to all here again with my questions.
I am currently producing a 2-element yagi in my work because I do not have space for a three-element yagi.
Plans use the web of Master 19sd348 antennas.
In the manufacture of the gamma match I encounter a problem of material and I do not have all materials in the plane I asked a RG-8 coax with the shield insulating but I have only RG-213 is the same?
At the level of gamma also appears that the aluminum must be of a diameter of 9mm and mine is 1.2 mm in diameter that would also impact?
As I said it's hard to get the materials here.
The antenna is at this link. 19SD348 DX system.
Thanks for your responses.
:pop:

Hi there,

Change the element spacing to 1,2 meters.
The antenna will have a impedance of 28 Ohms (J0)
The antenna would be about 20..22 ohms now.

You can use your previous feeding methode again.

RG8 would equal RG213 enough for beeing used in a gamma-match.
The only worrie i have is that your aluminium is too far off
Tho to be honest..i have made quite some gamma-matches who were not fully to correct measurments...but most were usable.

You migth consider a Moxon antenna aswell. Though the 2el yagi can have a sligth higher gain as a moxon, the Moxon has a outstanding FB over a wide frequency range wich will be of more use than that sligth advantage is gain.

Regards,

Henry 19SD348

Hi Henry, as always helping me.
Tell you mean the system using the antenna in the 3-element yagi?
You are referring to DK7ZB system?
This is a great system, thanks for your answer, my friend.
Manuel.

Yes,

That was what i mean.

And please do not forget a Moxon or a Hexbeam...they will "outperforme" any normal 2el Yagi,
since one isnt capable of hearing a difference iin say.. 1dB in forward gain, ( that would be a plus for the normal yagi)
But one can hear the difference in FB wich is in favourble of the moxon/hexbeams.
And that truly does make a difference.

Regards,

Henry
www.19sd384.nl

You don't need a Yagi, direct-feed a 2 element Quad!
33.gif

The KB3TTP 10 Meter Quad - Build a Stronger 2 Element Quad Antenna

Quad Antenna Calculator

You can use ¼λ of RG-11 as a matching transformer and put the Quad in the square, it will only be 9'h x 9'w x 6' boom, IF you can get fiberglass, PVC or bamboo for spreaders.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.