• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

General call sign

It really stays the same until you request a change. That 'request' is on the Extra application too.
- 'Doc

And you can always trade it in for a vanity call and get something else/custom if you don't like your present call. That's what I did. I had a 2x3 tech call and shortened it up to a 1x3 special interest call.

Enjoy!

Don't know what all the fuss is over "vanity" calls. I've had the same call for 50 years (K7KBN). Wouldn't think of changing.

OH - in 1976, the "Bicentennial Year", U.S. hams had the option of using their regular calls or using "Bicentennial" calls. All 1x3 calls starting with "K" took the 'AD' prefix, so for that year I often operated as "AD7KBN". The Bicentennial calls were really sought after by prefix hunters, so in the WPX contests, we were heavily sought after.

I don't see any "fuss" either. It's just a way to obtain a call you'd like, or a shorter call, if you don't like the one you have.

Tastes like chicken
4869.gif

Call Sign's CONFUSING Somtimes

Well My 2 Cents Worth I Think They Ought to go Back a little NO Vanity Call Sign's Then you can Judge a Call & time line & Know When they got Licensed too many Weird Call Sign's Where they don't BELONG 5's In 9 Land its Not Right & Don't Know When they are DX or not ,:headbang:thumbdown: NOT RIGHT!

Well My 2 Cents Worth I Think They Ought to go Back a little NO Vanity Call Sign's Then you can Judge a Call & time line & Know When they got Licensed too many Weird Call Sign's Where they don't BELONG 5's In 9 Land its Not Right & Don't Know When they are DX or not ,:headbang:thumbdown: NOT RIGHT!

Yeah,I know what you mean, but any of the call sign data bases or Call sign CD's are your friend when doing ops where you can use them.

i live six months a year in calif and 3 months in florida and the other 3 in tennessee. i ain't gonna change from a 6 to a 4/4 to a 6 twice a year.:headbangi
also, in the lower 48,a 5 in 9 land is not "DX"on hf.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated