• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

General Exam

W1MSG

Now W1MSG
May 9, 2010
MA
Well I am going to take the General Exam on the 12th, found a place offering the test and I think I am ready.

I did the Ham Test Online study program for General and I can pass the practice tests, I can also pass the practice exams on QRZ, so what ya think am I ready ?

Craig

If you can pass those practice tests most of the time then you've got a very good chance of passing the real one. Go see what happens. When you do pass that General, I'd suggest taking the Extra while you're there. Won't hurt anything to get a look at the real one even if you don't pass it.
Good luck!
- 'Doc

You're ready. I read the book twice and was passing the practice tests in the 90 percent. When I took the test..I got a 100 but the computer wouldn't print the results so I had to take it again and missed 3. No big deal. Good luck.

I passed mine with a concussion.

Should've done like Doc said and took Extra, might've passed, I was offered.

Now I'll have to study up and take another blow to the head.

Only you can know when you are ready. I wasn't sure until the morning of the test day, I went through hamtestonline again and took a few more practice tests and then drove the 2 hours to the testing site. Add a little bit of too much caffeine on the drive and a cool room to test in and I wasn't so sure, especially when I asked if I could use my scientific calculator for the amateur extra test and the guy brought me a $2 calculator. The VE's all shook my hand after I passed the three tests and wanted to know the secret, I told them it involved a lot of studying and some beating my head against a wall.

I doubt I will even attempt the Extra test, I'm already stressed out enough about the General..

I have been listening on 20m alot and have heard over 13 countries nice and clear and probably a dozen or more on PSK31. Cant wait to be able to make the contacts.

I may need to take a Valium before the test :w00t:

The general test for me was fairly easy.I was stressing it till I sat down and looked at the first question,when the right answer jumped out at me the stress faded and I flew through it.

I did take the extra just for kicks,without studying I got 50%

The General is easy. You'll do fine. Most Techs think it was easier going from T to G than it was initially getting the Tech.

Good luck and congratulations in advance!

I doubt I will even attempt the Extra test, I'm already stressed out enough about the General..

I have been listening on 20m alot and have heard over 13 countries nice and clear and probably a dozen or more on PSK31. Cant wait to be able to make the contacts.

I may need to take a Valium before the test :w00t:

Don't bother with the valium, just relax. If you have been doing well at hamtestonline and the other practice tests, the only thing preventing you from passing is unneeded stress breaking your thought process. Once you get there you have plenty of time to take the test, and time to relax even during the test. Good Luck

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.