• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

General HP 40W

megavolt

Dec 12, 2011
I was just wondering and this is probably a stupid question... But do the General HP 40W and the General Lee radios both have the same board? I think it's the 3600? Not sure. But anyway if they are the same board, are all the adjustments the same? (VR5 VR8 VR12 VR13 VR14 VR16.)

VR5 FM Deviation
VR8 RF Meter
VR12 AM Low power modulation limiter
VR13 High power adjust
VR14 AM High Power modulation limiter
VR16 Low power adjustment

The above example is for the General Lee...but is it the same for the General HP 40W?

The General Lee was sold for a sufficiently-long time that it may contain more than one possible circuit board. The factory made production changes every few years.

The circuit board IS the radio, really. Not sure which one is in the HP40W. Haven't seen too many of that one. And no diagrams posted online that I found.

But the General Lee isn't just one radio. The Ford Ranger isn't just one truck. Depends on the year it was made.

The circuit board will have a number that starts with "EPT3600", followed by two more digits and a suffix letter.

A General Lee and a HP40W with the same circuit-board number should perform the same. A 12 year-old General Lee will be nearly, but not exactly the same as the 2015 model.

And the performance of a 2005 truck and a 2015 truck will be comparable, but not exactly the same.

The General Lee was sold for a sufficiently-long time that it may contain more than one possible circuit board. The factory made production changes every few years.

The circuit board IS the radio, really. Not sure which one is in the HP40W. Haven't seen too many of that one. And no diagrams posted online that I found.

But the General Lee isn't just one radio. The Ford Ranger isn't just one truck. Depends on the year it was made.

The circuit board will have a number that starts with "EPT3600", followed by two more digits and a suffix letter.

A General Lee and a HP40W with the same circuit-board number should perform the same. A 12 year-old General Lee will be nearly, but not exactly the same as the 2015 model.

And the performance of a 2005 truck and a 2015 truck will be comparable, but not exactly the same.

I was just wondering and this is probably a stupid question... But do the General HP 40W and the General Lee radios both have the same board? I think it's the 3600? Not sure. But anyway if they are the same board, are all the adjustments the same? (VR5 VR8 VR12 VR13 VR14 VR16.)

VR5 FM Deviation
VR8 RF Meter
VR13 High power adjust

The above example is for the General Lee...but is it the same for the General HP 40W?

VR5 FM Deviation
VR8 RF Meter
VR13 High power adjust

VR5 FM Deviation
VR8 RF Meter
VR13 High power adjust

Thank you for your help my friend.
George KM4MVT

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.