• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

General Lee difference between 10k and non.?

CB590

W9WDX Member
Jun 29, 2016
Trenton Nj
www.590dx.com
I see some older ones with 10k and some new ones without. Also read online awhile back about "fake" General Lee radios?

Anyone have insight? I'd entertain one with 10k over the new ones I think??

Same with the Connex 3300 flavors

I can guess the board is the same in both from what I've been reading.

About $190 for a used GL with 10k or like $240 for a new one.

Newer general lee radios do not have 10K because they removed it to accommodate the dimmer switch. Older 10 K with the blue lights were too bright for night time driving. Same radios though. I do notice the older mosfet units do tune up better.

You can modify the newer ones with the dimmer to have a +10KC very easily. I did it to one that I sold a couple of years ago.

Reactions: CB590
I have one of The new ones,Great radio and LOUD with a D104 or other Mic's as well. Easy to convert and give a light tune. Always wanted one and had to have one before it was possibly canceled due to the flag. I think the connex 3300 is the same board but with 10 K switch in place of the dimmer switch. The HP-40 is also nice but they left the flag off..Always wanted a big betty also only the face plate and knobs are available once and a while.

Newer general lee radios do not have 10K because they removed it to accommodate the dimmer switch. Older 10 K with the blue lights were too bright for night time driving. Same radios though. I do notice the older mosfet units do tune up better.
How do you do a 10k switch on the new version general lee

Ah, should amount to finding the right empty solder pad on the circuit board and adding a SPST switch from there to a ground connection.

Just to make sure which "new" version you have, what is the circuit board type number? Begins with the prefix "EPT" followed by six digits and/or a suffix letter.

Only way to identify the exact physical location of that foil pad is to identify the circuit board type.

Reactions: tecnicoloco and 999

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated