• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

george cpu

somebody over there tried to wire a turner mic to it and fed the 12v supply pin into the mic up/dwn pin, the radio wont stop scanning and some functions dont work, the radio will key on frequency but when you unkey it carries on scanning, theres a voltage present on the scan pin of the cpu thats comming from the pin and not the circuit connected to it, i cant find much info on the chip but i think that pin is not supposed to have voltage present unless your scanning up or down on the mic, it would be nice to get it up and running again as its in great condition inside and out only mod done is clarifier unlocked its never been butchered or repaired in any way and its about the only uniden ssb radio i never tried before.

Uh yessir Bob, sure sounds like you need a CPU. That's one of the best ways to damage a 5-Volt CPU chip, feed excess voltage into it.

The only source will probably be the folks who had it made and marketed it, "President Europe". They were located in Paris, France once upon a time. Never have tried to get a part from them.

Seems to me an outfit named "Palco Electronics" was advertising that radio on their website 3 or 4 years ago. I just assumed that they were the folks importing the radio from President Europe. If anybody on this side of the Atlantic Ocean would know, I think it's them. If they're still in business. Tried to buy a service manual from them for that one years back. Never got a reply to any e-mail I sent them. Turns out very few of that one were sold around here, and I lost interest in pestering them.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.