• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Getting 40 Channel Coverage on a 23ch Cobra 135?

Crystals

How did you make out with that crystal conversion? I have a SBE console II that has been done up to 27.555. I need a little more, where can I get crystals, here is a list of what I need.. Thanks

clip_image002.jpg

I bought an old 135 mainly for the mic that came with it (the Turner works great), smelled like it was a two pack a day smoker. The radio has a channel selector on top, I assume to change the crystal sets. Radio powers on, can receive on one channel, no transmit. Wondering if anyone has used a DDS-VFO kit on a crystal radio like this. Would be nice to get it working again.

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    270.6 KB · Views: 16
Wondering if anyone has used a DDS-VFO kit on a crystal radio like this.

Not yet that I have heard. The different mixing schemes used in 23-channel radios were not always as simple as the single VCO used in every 40-channel CB radio. Feeding the output from a DDS in place of the VCO will prove to be simpler than spoofing a 23-channel frequency synthesizer.

How easy this is to do will be all over the map from simple to "huh?".

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.