• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Getting my 6m antennas done. Moxon 1st.

My reasons may be meaningless, but I'll share.
1. Structurally less robust. The central complaint of quad antenna users is the weather problems.
2. Very strong winds warped those I made so I experienced fluctuating performance.
3. Too much extra struts making to achieve rigidity. Wires that are antenna, wires that are not.
4. Easier to tune the tubing style.
5. Weather doesn't affect the tubing style.
6. Tubing is dirt cheap at thrift stores.
7. Tubing is rigid and self supporting.
8. Although the Moxon is by nature very broadbanded, I believe the tubing diameters over the wire provide even more bandwidth.

Once made, always made with tubing.

I hope that helps.

Homer,
I found and read your old threads/posts on Moxons and your conclusions make very meaningful sense. You've changed my mind on building with wire. Thanks again.

Hope you and the Missus are much improved.

73 sir

Crawdad, thanks for asking. Each day in some small way we see the proofs of our improvement.
God is good.
Enjoy your Moxon. With the tubing style I always use the outside of the tubing for the measurements. That may be why I am/was resonant up high on the band. I suggest using the center of the tubing for your dimensions.
Make a thread and let us see you build this thing.

With the tubing style I always use the outside of the tubing for the measurements. That may be why I am/was resonant up high on the band. I suggest using the center of the tubing for your dimensions.

You must've been reading my mind Homer..........

Just used MoxGen and EZNEC Demo to model one @ 27.500 from 1/2" tubing. The results look very favorable with a 2MHz wide 2.0:1 SWR bandwidth.

Last edited:
Reactions: HomerBB

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated