• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Glossary, What does that mean?

Another term ignotouski a term danny devito had on taxi

Superb Owl n. (soo'-purb awhl) from latin: super ('above') nom. term-slang
origin: person who couldn't spell 'super bowl' and then that name stuck because they didn't correct their own spelling.
def: Any number of diverse species behavior under a single name representing radio operators of the 11 meter CB band that are all mouth and no ears whose spurious harmonic frequency output covers several megahertz. They also have little knowledge of what they are doing or why the operate as they do.
see: moron, idiot, crowd pleasers, and alligator stations. syn

(with my apologies to Daniel and Noah Webster)

Last edited:
Peters' Principle:

The maximum level of Achievement through promotion within a hierarchy of an organization the person can obtain - as a functional level of management. Where they plateau to a level of incompetence and remains there throughout their tenure.

VIZWARS

...Sitting in line, listening to VHF/UHF mobile, in the car, waiting for coffee. It's a thing here, really. Baristas working feverishly to construct a "Trenti iced coffee, 12 pumps [sugar-free] vanilla, 12 pumps [sugar-free] hazelnut, 12 pumps [sugar-free] caramel, 5 pumps skinny mocha, a splash of soy, ice, double-blended!" (there's always one and they're always in front of me). When I hear this relating to VHF/UHF radio on a very broad coverage local repeater.

Doubleusevenalphabrovocharlieportablesix with Doubleusevenxrayyankeezebraactual Yeah Mike my educated deduction from the measurements you have from my mobile install lead me to believe I have a transmission line problem. Doubleusevenalphabrovocharlieportablesix with Doubleusevenxrayyankeezebraactual , over.

Doubleusevenalphabrovocharlieportablesix from Doubleusevenxrayyankeezebraactual (speaking over the full repeater ID tail) Paul I came to the same determination. I believe the vizwars can be virtually eliminated by adjusting the transmission line length. Doubleusevenalphabrovocharlieportablesix from Doubleusevenxrayyankeezebraactual over

Doubleusevenalphabrovocharlieportablesix with Doubleusevenxrayyankeezebraactual Mike, don't we first have to determine if those are positive or negative vizwars to identify if the transmission line is too long or too short? Doubleusevenalphabrovocharlieportablesix with Doubleusevenxrayyankeezebraactual over

Doubleusevenalphabrovocharlieportablesix from Doubleusevenxrayyankeezebraactual Paul I'm sure the differential measurements taken at the base of the antenna input and at the radio output will tell you that.
Doubleusevenalphabrovocharlieportablesix from Doubleusevenxrayyankeezebraactual over

Doubleusevenalphabrovocharlieportablesix with Doubleusevenxrayyankeezebraactual Mike , I'm predominately destinated here so we'll have to continue this Que Ess Oh via portable while I shuffle vehicles around. You know how the Howa gets about vehicles parked on the street and garage doors being open. Doubleusevenalphabrovocharlieportablesix with Doubleusevenxrayyankeezebraactual over.

Doubleusevenalphabrovocharlieportablesix from Doubleusevenxrayyankeezebraactual Well Paul Quirt for now and I'll look forward to hearing you on portablethree. Doubleusevenalphabrovocharlieportablesix with Doubleusevenxrayyankeezebraactual over,

Doubleusevenalphabrovocharlieportablesix with Doubleusevenxrayyankeezebraactual quirtz here and quizwhy to portablethree. Doubleusevenalphabrovocharlieportablesix with Doubleusevenxrayyankeezebraactual

Doubleusevenalphabrovocharlieportablethree to Doubleusevenxrayyankeezebraactual over

Doubleusevenalphabrovocharlieportablethree from Doubleusevenxrayyankeezebraactual Doubleusevenxrayyankeezebraactualforidentification (again, talking over the complete repeater id tail)Your aparzz shows your position is different for Doubleusevenalphabrovocharlieportablethree than for Doubleusevenalphabrovocharlieportablesix I thought that was corrected with your last factory reset Doubleusevenalphabrovocharlieportablethree from Doubleusevenxrayyankeezebraactual over.

Doubleusevenalphabrovocharlieportablethree with Doubleusevenxrayyankeezebraactual We'll have to compare that with Doubleusevenalphabrovocharlieactual when I get into the house over.

Doubleusevenalphabrovocharlieportablethree from Doubleusevenxrayyankeezebraactual It will be interesting to see if all three align. It's possible all three tranceivers need to be reset at the same time. over.

Doubleusevenalphabrovocharlieportablethree with Doubleusevenxrayyankeezebraactual I'll be quirtz from Doubleusevenalphabrovocharlieportablethree and quizwhy to Doubleusevenalphabrovocharlieactual when I'm completely destinated . Doubleusevenalphabrovocharlieportablethree with Doubleusevenxrayyankeezebraactual , Doubleusevenalphabrovocharlieportablethree quirtz and quizwhy to Doubleusevenalphabrovocharlieactual , Doubleusevenalphabrovocharlieportablethree with Doubleusevenxrayyankeezebraactual

As we are receiving our Mocha and two shots in a cup the barista who is a licensed technician and aspiring general ( cute ass* heck too) asks " what were they talking about?"

Repeater control operator...

N7LMO ...

Me

N7LMO from AF7XT

Dennis, What did I just hear ?

Bob, I assure you I have no idea.

N7LMO...

AF7XT...

To the barista , "Some amateur radio operators are far more amateur than operator"

Barista "So those two were morons?" ...

Neither my driver Kevin KI7CWV or myself were able to come up with words for several seconds. Attempting to speak through convulsive laughter, tears and a fair bit of coffee coming out the nose (I won't tell who..) compounded the problem. All the while yet another "Trenti iced coffee, 12 pumps [sugar-free] vanilla, 12 pumps [sugar-free] hazelnut, 12 pumps [sugar-free] caramel, 5 pumps skinny mocha, a splash of soy, ice, double-blended!" or some such waited behind us wondering what was going on as much as we did.

There is very little embellishment in this tale. The callsigns other than mine and Keven's have been changed. Bob, the control operator, didn't even want to be associated with the above QSO by admitting to listening (I did ask). I relate it first for humor's sake and then as an example of a lack of mentoring by the established amateur community.

Alphafoxtrotsevenxraytango....

@K4KYV Thanks for the inspiration, it needed to be told ...

*use your imagination

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.