• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

GMRS restricted channels

There are several restrictions on UHF radio use near the border and in certain other areas such as certain military bases within the USA and most of them are because of potential interference to the PAVE/PAWS radar network that operates in the 400-500MHz range.

https://ham.stackexchange.com/quest...not-allowed-to-use-north-of-line-a-in-the-usa

Other than that authorization of frequencies below 470 MHz require coordination between our two countries within certain geographic distances from the border to minimize interference. Broadcast frequencies are of big concern but everything below 470 MHz is coordinated. We have very similar uses here but there are some very distinct differences that must be taken into account on either side of the border.

It is unusual that part 95 clearly restricts amateur operations north of line A, but nowhere in part 97 (the gmrs rules) does it say this now. I dont think ch19 and 21 are restricted north of line A anymore. Perhaps it used to be a thing, but I can't find it in the rules now.

NEVERMIND, it says it right on the license.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated