• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Goldenrod 45 (signal Eng.)

skirtchaser

Sep 18, 2005
N.Western Arizona
Gr45+B.jpg

Frequency Range 26.2 - 29.5
Gain 4.75 dBi
VSWR 1.5:1 Max
Power Handling Capability 12 KW

Any thoughts, radiator heads? Anyone try this thing yet?
Just arrived in the little brown bus, I'm fixin' to see whats what.

Its top loaded, but still a loaded antenna none-the-less.

I haven't used one, but I'm sure it works just fine......or no better than any other loaded antenna (OK, maybe a "little" better because it's top loaded instead of center or base loaded).

Let us know how it works out for you!

I too would be interested to hear your findings. What antenna(s) are you going to use to compete/compare with?

ok skirtchaser............................
its been almost but not quite 2 months since you got the GR45 , got an opinion on it yet or any chance to compare it to any other antenna ?

my guess would be that you surely wouldn't want to hit anything with that baby. OUCH ! comes to mind. :(

Hmm. Remove the top hat. Take two 4 quart metal bowls, turn one over and cap the other making a large ball. bolt in the top hat's place. Really different! Ought'a work about the same. When asked, say it's a static ball to dissipate all those sparks from all that power you run.
- 'Doc

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.