• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Gone nuts

Set your mode switch to LSB and your frequency counter to 27.378500. Center your clarifier. You have the HP version of the 955 right? Power adjustments are not needed.

Just a word of caution: You have a radio that can get you into a lot of trouble. You can get in frequencies which require you to have an Amateur radio license to transmit on.
Be sure you know what you are doing before you key up your radio.
What is 27.3785 for? Did you mean 27.3850 I assume??

Reactions: Tallman
What is the question? Are you wanting to know what that trace does?
Hi,
Yes , it appears that i have burned two traces , i did zoom in and attach pics , so hopefully was looking into finding out if i had cut them( 2 ?) off or not , or if im lucky not.

Was wondering what part of the device in end user terms would be effected if those 1 or 2 traces were truly wrecked.

What is the question? Are you wanting to know what that trace does?
Yes, he is trying to decide whether or not repair is required. I can't make out enough detail to see what components are connected to it. The trace runs under two components and then disappears into a through hole to the bottom of the board,

Reactions: Limeybastard
Do you have an ohmmeter? If you do I can tell you how to fix this. You will need to check the path of the trace that goes under the two components and be sure it goes to the feed through next to the big capacitor. If it does just put in the jumper drawn on the photo. Be absolutely positive it goes there or don't do it. I only see one trace cut there is only minor damage to the other.Inkedcrppstryker_LI.jpg

Last edited:
Do you have an ohmmeter? If you do I can tell you how to fix this. You will need to check the path of the trace that goes under the two components and be sure it goes to the feed through next to the big capacitor. If it does just put in the jumper drawn on the photo. Be absolutely positive it goes there or don't do it. I only see one trace cut there is only minor damage to the other.View attachment 20847

Hi, thanks for taking the time in assisting me on this matter that could have been easily avoided.

Yes, I have a meter, what contacts shall i measure the continuity, right?

Hi, thanks for taking the time in assisting me on this matter that could have been easily avoided.

Yes, I have a meter, what contacts shall i measure the continuity, right?
Please realize that if you misinterpret the reading or test point you could smoke your radio, and you can used solid wire with insulation as well.
Yes measure the continuity from the feed through next to the black capacitor to the cut edge of the trace. Connect your test leads together and note the resistance. Use your lowest range two ohms or twenty ohms should be good. Note the ZERO value of your shorted leads and the reading of that trace should be about the same as your ZERO. Reverse the leads and test again just to be sure the trace does not have a component in line. If you reverse the leads and the reading is ZERO you are good to go.
Good luck and be careful.

Last edited:
Do you have an ohmmeter? If you do I can tell you how to fix this. You will need to check the path of the trace that goes under the two components and be sure it goes to the feed through next to the big capacitor. If it does just put in the jumper drawn on the photo. Be absolutely positive it goes there or don't do it. I only see one trace cut there is only minor damage to the other.View attachment 20847
Why not repair the trace at the break? It seems to me like we are skipping plan A and going straight to Zulu. What would be the plan if the soldering repair were to fail?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.