• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Good Enough? & Which One?

Thank you for your suggestion.

May I know the reason why you prefer to buy from a radio dealer than from Amazon. I think Amazon they will have warranty as well. Right? We can easily send back and get fixed or get replacement?

Maybe some people will think radio dealers can provide closer and more customized service? :)
You answered your own question.

Reactions: Jake Mok
Thank you for your advice.

In my mind, Baofeng is the same as Pofung. Not sure the reason why they have 2 different names (sound very similar though).

Thank you anyway! Will buy a good one! :)

Jake, read the link I posted. They changed their name to make it easier to pronounce. Baofeng is pronounced Bo Fang, IIRC. People were calling them all sorts of different names.

Did you order them yet? If so, check out Chirp. It's a free program you can download online, and really simplifies programming the ht's. There are a couple of quirks that will give you headaches if you don't follow the instructions carefully. Lots of info out there on these things... just Google it. :)

Brett

Jake, read the link I posted. They changed their name to make it easier to pronounce. Baofeng is pronounced Bo Fang, IIRC. People were calling them all sorts of different names.

Did you order them yet? If so, check out Chirp. It's a free program you can download online, and really simplifies programming the ht's. There are a couple of quirks that will give you headaches if you don't follow the instructions carefully. Lots of info out there on these things... just Google it. :)

Brett

Thank you!
Baofeng sounds like Mandarin or Cantonese. :p

Yes, we have ordered them. Hope will receive them soon.

I have checked the CHIRP (I googled it).

"CHIRP is a free, open-source tool for programming your amateur radio. It supports a large number of manufacturers and models, as well as provides a way to interface with multiple data sources and formats."

It sounds awesome. :)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.