• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Good mike for SSB use on a RCI 2995?

find out your mic plug wiring configuration
then call up Heil again and ask them you need a mic with a 4 pin or 5 pin connector with this mic wiring setup

If you can find a SHURE 526T they are great Base Microphones and they work great on the RCI chassis radios I use one on my Yaesu FT-990 and I am currently experimenting with a Turner Plus 3 on the RCI Chassis which I am told sounds good on SSB but I have yet to try it on AM

If you can find a SHURE 526T they are great Base Microphones and they work great on the RCI chassis radios I use one on my Yaesu FT-990 and I am currently experimenting with a Turner Plus 3 on the RCI Chassis which I am told sounds good on SSB but I have yet to try it on AM

Second that on the Shure 526T---GREAT mics! I run one on a President Lincoln, it sounds really nice, natural, warm. Plenty of umph too.

ASTATIC D104 M6B TONE CONTROL

Hi
im new to the forums and saw yer post about the tone control mod for the d104 m6b tone control mod
was wondering if there were any other detailed pics of the mod as i dont read schematics and wanted to do the mod on my mic.
id need a few more details in order to complete the project.
any help would be greatly appreciated.
thanks in advance
Dave toronto, canada

If you guys want to try that D104 mod you can clip that resistor and test it out! If you don't like it leave enough room where you clipped, to soldier it back together.

d104 tone control mod

which side of the resistor is removed from the board ? ,it looks like the top lead was removed and soldered to the pot after replacing the 270 k resistor with a 100 k resistor then the lead from the other terminal from the pot goes back where that top lead came from back into the board.
am i correct ?
the picture is very difficult to see exactly how you did the mod.
thanks again
Dave from toronto

Remove the 270k from the board totally, connect one end of the 100k in it's place, solder the other end of the 100k to one of the outer legs of the 2 meg pot, solder the other outer leg of the 2 meg pot back to the other hole where you removed the 270k resistor.

It is a simple series loop of a resistor and a pot.

Adjust the 2 meg pot until the desired tone is achieved.

d104 tone control mod

i understand that but which lead from the resistor goes to that pot ? does the top lead from the resistor go to the pot ?

d104 tone control mod

yes i totally understand what series is,
what u am asking is,
WHICH SIDE OF THE BOARD DOES THE LEAD FROM THE POT GO TO ??
DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT THERE ARE 2 LEADS COMING FROM THAT RESISTOR ?

d104 tone control mod

I guess theres only 2 ways it can be done so, if you dont understand english, i'll just solder it both ways, and see which way is correct.
like i said, it appears that in the picture that you posted, there is a lead coming from the top of the resistor and you have it running over to the pot then back into the board again,
so, more or less all you did was replace that resistor back into those exact same solder joints and run the pot in series,there are 2 solder spots on the board where you removed the resistor, i just wanted to make sure that i placed the new resistor back into there perspective solder spots and not get them reversed as to cause me un nesesary soldering.

d104 tone control mod

since you dont understand the question,
i attached a picture of what it looks like you have done, can you tell me if this is correct ?

yes i totally understand what series is,
what u am asking is,
WHICH SIDE OF THE BOARD DOES THE LEAD FROM THE POT GO TO ??
DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT THERE ARE 2 LEADS COMING FROM THAT RESISTOR ?

The answer is in your post! remember we're talking about a series circuit here. lol

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.