• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Good mike for SSB use on a RCI 2995?

d104 tone control mod

i tried to add a picture but, for some reason, it didnt appear, hope this works

Attachments

• TONE CONTROL MOD 2.jpg
    TONE CONTROL MOD 2.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 400
d104 tone control mod

if anyone is reading this forum can you please answer my question as this guy either refuses to answer a simple question or did not perform the mod himself and has absolutely no idea about electronics other then a few words like series or resistor.
id rather type a few post on here then to tear my mic apart and have to re solder everything twice .
does he realize that there are 2 leads coming from the resistor?
he still wont tell me exactly which lead goes to the pot.
i do not read schematics and his pictures leave too much details out.
my mic is very high pitch and i need some kind of tone control .
i can not afford to buy an astatic 575 mic and have no luck finding one where i live .
all he has to do is tell me if the diagram i drew is correct or not but, he keeps evading my question.
i'm getting frustrated lol

mackmobile43 said:
Remove the 270k from the board totally, connect one end of the 100k in it's place, solder the other end of the 100k to one of the outer legs of the 2 meg pot, solder the other outer leg of the 2 meg pot back to the other hole where you removed the 270k resistor.

It is a simple series loop of a resistor and a pot.

Adjust the 2 meg pot until the desired tone is achieved.

Sorry it's come to this but you are a dumb shit when you can't read my prior post when I explained to you point to point on how to do this modification.

I will attempt once again.

remove the 270k resistor, solder one end of a 100k resistor in one hole where you removed the 270k resistor, at the opposite end of the 100k resistor you just installed in place of the 270k resistor solder one lead of the 2 meg pot, clip the center leg of the 2 meg pot because it is not needed, solder a length of wire to the other outer lead of the 2 meg pot, solder that length of wire back in the other fucking empty hole left by the removal of the 270k resistor.

Reactions: 025
d104 tone control

first of all, your the dumb shit and totally have no understanding of anything electronic what so ever and should never post anything on the internet as it has taken me now 10 post and you still havent explained WHICH lead from the resistor.
dont worry about it.
i;ll ask someone with an IQ to help me as you dont know anything about anything.
do you realize that if you place the resistor in the wrong way, you will be putting the POT before the circuit and there for, it will not work correctly.
go back to school and stop hanging around RADIO SHACK maybe you'll learn more words other then SERIES and PARALEL.
i still think you bought the mic that way and whom ever sold you that mic dropped a few techinecal words for you to use .
i;ll figure it out myself, i just didnt want to have to solder it in 2 times and hope one of them worked.
PLESE DONT REPLY AND WASTE ANY MORE OF MY VALUABLE TIME.
GO EAT A PIZZA

Remove the 270k from the board totally, connect one end of the 100k in it's place, solder the other end of the 100k to one of the outer legs of the 2 meg pot, solder the other outer leg of the 2 meg pot back to the other hole where you removed the 270k resistor.

It is a simple series loop of a resistor and a pot.

Adjust the 2 meg pot until the desired tone is achieved.

first of all, your the dumb shit and totally have no understanding of anything electronic what so ever and should never post anything on the internet as it has taken me now 10 post and you still havent explained WHICH lead from the resistor.
dont worry about it.
i;ll ask someone with an IQ to help me as you dont know anything about anything.
do you realize that if you place the resistor in the wrong way, you will be putting the POT before the circuit and there for, it will not work correctly.
go back to school and stop hanging around RADIO SHACK maybe you'll learn more words other then SERIES and PARALEL.
i still think you bought the mic that way and whom ever sold you that mic dropped a few techinecal words for you to use .
i;ll figure it out myself, i just didnt want to have to solder it in 2 times and hope one of them worked.
GO EAT A PIZZA

Believe when I say everyone reading this thread knows who the dumbshit is and are saying nothing to see how long you will continue to make a fool of yourself.

Ask bob85 about this mod as he told me how to do it several years back. :LOL:

All you are doing is replacing a fixed value resistor with a fixed and a variable resistor in series.

remove the 270k resistor, solder one end of a 100k resistor in one hole where you removed the 270k resistor, at the opposite end of the 100k resistor you just installed in place of the 270k resistor solder one lead of the 2 meg pot, clip the center leg of the 2 meg pot because it is not needed, solder a length of wire to the other outer lead of the 2 meg pot, solder that length of wire back in the other fucking empty hole left by the removal of the 270k resistor.
How are you going to have adjustment? Aren't the 2 outer legs fixed?

d104 tone control

i bet you dont know how many ends a resistor has.
you still dont understand the question.
i even went so far as to post a picture and all you had to do was take a look at it and notice the A B under the resistor and tell me if my drawing was correct or not but, i knew that you did not do the mod yourself and would have never known how to do it unless someone else showed you how.
not only that but, you are the fool for replying back to me, .
go eat your head MORON

dont worry about it.
GO EAT A PIZZA

Apparently you don't know or why would you ask.

CANOLLI said:
which side of the resistor is removed from the board ? ,it looks like the top lead was removed and soldered to the pot after replacing the 270 k resistor with a 100 k resistor then the lead from the other terminal from the pot goes back where that top lead came from back into the board.
am i correct ?

the picture is very difficult to see exactly how you did the mod.
thanks again
Dave from toronto

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.